This adorable Mug rug design is not just for St. Patrick’s day! Change the colors, change the fabric – make it bright and a happy good luck mug rug!
This mug rug will fit into the 5×7 hoop and features a super cute clover applique with a folded fabric background.
This is a folded fabric backed mug rug
batting to fit into the hoop
7×5 triangles for the left and right sides folded applique pieces
7×8 fabric folded and ironed for the backing x2
6×6 fabric for the clover applique
2×2 scraps for the eyes
BASIC INSTRUCTIONS FOR FOLDED FABRIC BACK MUG RUGS:
- Stitch placement line
- place batting down.
- stitch batting tack down stitch
- place fabric for the right side triangle
- stitch fabric tack down stitch
- folded fabric line placement
- place fabric face down towards the right side making sure that the edge of the fabric covers the placement line
- stitch down
- fold the fabric to the left and finger crease the fold.
- stitch down the folded fabric
- Placement stitch for the first applique
- place applique fabric over the placement line
- stitch tack down stitch
- TRIM CAREFULLY
- BEFORE THE LAST STEP, take your folded fabric and place the first one down, fold towards the middle of the design. Next place the second piece overlapping the first one, fold toward the center.
- stitch the last step which secures down the folded fabric.
- trim around the outside of the design, clipping the corners.
- turn the mug rug inside out. DONE!