SNOW GLOBE MUG RUG is for a 5×7 hoop. Read and scroll down for supplies.
This is a shaped mug rug finished in satin stitches.
Snow globes are not just for Christmas! You can use this gorgeous snow globe in the hoop mug rug at any time of the year! The big snowflakes and a beautiful tree make this embroidery design fantastic for the whole winter season! There is plenty of space at the bottom of the snowglobe to add some personalization – add a family name, name or even a special event. Try using metallic thread to make the detailed embroidery stand out.
Meesha Pennington used gorgeous fabric on the bottom of the snow globe and blue fabric for the snowy sky!
batting to fit the hoop
background fabric to fit the hoop for the back
5×2 fabric for the bottom of the globe
5×4 fabric for the sky background
5×2 fabric for the ground
3×3 for the Christmas tree
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SATIN FINISHED MUG RUGS:
- hoop WSS
- stitch placement line
- place batting down
- stitch batting down. trim now or after the back is on
- add background fabric, face up.
- stitch it down, trim now or after the back goes on.
- stitch applique: placement, place the fabric down, tack down, trim and final stitches
- stitch any detail work.
- your machine will stop for this color change, and it will be an outline of the shape of the design. before this step stitches, take your back fabric face down and put it on the back of the hoop. tape if you need to.
- stitch the tack down for the backing.
- take the hoop off the machine and carefully trim the back fabric, and batting and fabric if you didn’t do it earlier.
- change your bobbin to match the top thread and stitch the satin stitches and decorative stitches. Done!