QUILTED HEARTS MUG RUG is for the 7×7 hoop. Read and scroll down for supplies.
This is a shaped mug rug finished in satin stitches.
You will love watching this gorgeous mug rug stitch out. The finished size is 7×7 so make sure your hoop is large enough to be able to stitch this out. The batting will make the hearts stand out and be slightly puffy. You can use different colors for the quilting stitches, or stick to one color for the whole thing.
batting to fit the hoop
background fabric x2 for the front and back
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SATIN FINISHED MUG RUGS:
- hoop WSS
- stitch placement line
- place batting AND fabric over the placement line, making sure fabric is facing up.
- stitch batting and fabric down. trim now
- Zig Zag stitches will stitch to smooth the edges of the fabric for a professional finish.
- Once all quilting stitches are done, your machine will stop for a color change, and it will be an outline of the shape of the design. before this step stitches, take your back fabric face down and put it on the back of the hoop. tape if you need to.
- stitch the tack down for the backing.
- take the hoop off the machine and carefully trim the back fabric, and batting and fabric if you didn’t do it earlier.
- change your bobbin to match the top thread and stitch the satin stitches and decorative stitches. Done!