You will receive an email with the download links once your order has been completed.
Are you ready for something cheery? This design is created to go with BEE HAPPY mug rugs in the shape of a beehive. You can make this as a mug rug, or you can skip a few steps at the end and create a super cute applique design that you can stitch on a sweatshirt, tea towel or even placemats or on a table cloth. You can give or send it as a gift to cheer up your friends and family. This machine embroidery design is fast to stitch and will look fantastic with any fabric and bright colors!
The bee body is applique, as well as the wings. you could use a flower background or a yellow or gold color. The bee’s wings you can use some organza or lace to give them an extra level of dimension!
SUPPLIES: 5X7 HOOP
Scraps for the bee body and wings.
WSS (water-soluble stabilizer) or soft cutaway
batting and background fabric and back fabric to fit the hoop
Here is the video that will help you put it all together, step by step.
- hoop WSS or soft cutaway.
- stitch placement line
- place batting down
- stitch batting down. trim now or after the back is on
- add background fabric, face up.
- stitch it down, trim now or after the back goes on.
- stitch all of the embroidery details
- your machine will stop for this color change, and it will be an outline of the shape of the design. before this step stitches, take your back fabric face down and put it down on the hoop.
- stitch the tack down for the backing.
- remove everything from the hoop and trim down the edges leaving a 1/4 inch seam allowance, remember to leave more at the opening to make it easier to finish. Clip the corners.
- turn the mug rug, carefully stitch up the opening.