Are you ready for some retro fun to brighten up your day? Remember floppy disks? 3.5 disks? While I really don’t miss having stacks of those disks around, or trying to read one of them on your computer, it’s a nice reminder of how things have progressed! I prefer fast internet and zip drives 🙂
Join me for this fun sew along from start to finish as we stitch out this in the hoop mug rug together! I am going to be using silver thread and a bright-colored background and of course adding some lettering to the front label like we always used to do! Think about your favorite game, or work you saved…anything goes. I love mug rugs that you can add your own lettering – sew much fun!!
batting to fit in the hoop
Fabric 5.5 x 5.5 for front and back
4×4 applique for the front label
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SATIN FINISHED MUG RUGS:
- hoop WSS
- stitch placement line
- place batting down
- stitch batting down. trim now or after the back is on
- add background fabric, face up.
- stitch it down, trim now or after the back goes on.
- Placement line for the label applique
- place your applique fabric face up and stitch it down.
- trim the fabric around the applique, taking your time.
- your machine will stop for this color change, and it will be an outline of the shape of the design. before this step stitches, take your back fabric face down and put it on the back of the hoop. tape if you need to.
- stitch the tack down for the backing.
- take the hoop off the machine and carefully trim the back fabric, and batting and fabric if you didn’t do it earlier.
- change your bobbin to match the top thread and stitch the satin stitches and decorative stitches. Done!