This mug rug is larger than the regular mug rugs, so you will need a 6×6 hoop to create this awesome mug rug. This mug rug was designed to match the 3 flower Hello Spring mug rug.
Watch the video for step by step instructions on how to stitch this out – there are a few tricks that you need to do in the right order to make this come together!
6×6 HOOP or larger
WSS (water-soluble stabilizer)
4×4 Large flower
3×3 smaller flower
6×6 Back fabric
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SATIN FINISHED MUG RUGS:
- hoop WSS
- stitch placement line
- place batting down
- stitch batting down. trim now or after the back is on
- add background fabric, face up.
- stitch it down, trim now, or after the back goes on.
- Stitch the small embroidery flowers
- placement stitch for large applique flower
- place fabric face up
- stitch down
- satin stitches for half flower
- repeat for second flower and centers
- when the full shape of the design take the hoop out of the machine and turn it to the backside and place the backing fabric face up
- put back on the machine and stitch the back fabric
- trim front and back
- stitch the top of the flower, the rest of the circle and the bottom flower
- watch the video for step by step instructions!
Alta Hartenburg –
how is it you are able to have all of these free
OML Embroidery –
the files are free for 1 week. I make a small amount of income from the youtube channel. As long as people are viewing the videos, liking and sharing, I will be able to continue giving files for free.