Monogram Heart Mug Rug is 6×6. Read and scroll down for supplies.
This is a shaped mug rug finished in satin stitches.
Make sure you have a large enough hoop for this mug rug!
This mug rug will be perfect for gifts, like a mug rug, for a centerpiece or a candle mat. You can personalize the middle of the mug rug with a monogram letter or a full monogram. There are 2 appliques in this mug rug, one for the center circle and one for the heart in the middle. Have fun with fabric and thread combinations to make each part of the mug rug stand out!
batting to fit the hoop
background fabric x2 for the front and back
4.5 round for the inner circle
3.5 x 3.5 for the heart
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SATIN FINISHED MUG RUGS:
- hoop WSS
- stitch placement line
- place batting AND fabric over the placement line, making sure fabric is facing up.
- stitch batting and fabric down. trim now or later
- placement stitch for the circle.
- place down applique fabric.
- stitch down the fabric. TRIM.
- Repeat for the heart. trim carefully.
- BEFORE THE COLOR CHANGE for the placement of the back fabric ADD YOUR MONOGRAM LETTER.
- Once all of the details are stitched, your machine will stop for a color change, and it will be an outline of the shape of the design. before this step stitches, take your back fabric face down and put it on the back of the hoop. tape if you need to.
- stitch the tack down for the backing.
- take the hoop off the machine and carefully trim the back fabric, and batting and fabric if you didn’t do it earlier.
- change your bobbin to match the top thread and stitch the satin stitches and decorative stitches. Done!
There are no reviews yet.