You can never have enough monster stuffies, right? RIGHT! Let’s have fun stitching out this in the hoop stuffie in 3 different sizes!
Once you purchase, you will be e-mailed the download links – so make sure your email is correct! All 3 sizes are contained in the zip files.
You can use some stabilizer or regular stuffing – it only takes a little bit to fill these guys! It’s a great scrap buster. You can use towel scraps (so cute), felt, microfiber cloths, cotton fabric, fleece or any scraps that you may have. There are a couple of tricks so make sure you follow all of the instructions on the video.
Join us live for a sew-along or watch the replay for step by step instructions.
HERE IS THE LINK FOR THE VIDEO:
If you want to make an early start, here are all the steps for the 5×7 and 8×8:
- Hoop Tear away fabric.
- IMPORTANT: PLACE THE FABRIC (right side up) in the hoop BEFORE you start stitching.
- Make sure the stretch of the fabric is going from the top to the bottom of the monster.
- stitch the placement for the eye.
- put applique fabric down over the eye.
- stitch down the eye fabric. Trim carefully.
- stitch all of the details – eyes, arms and designs in bright fantastic colors.
- BEFORE THE LAST STEP: place the fabric for the back of the monster, face down on top of the hoop.
- stitch the final step of the design.
- take everything out of the hoop. remove as much of the tear away as possible.
- trim around the monster, making sure you leave 1/4 inch seam allowance. IMPORTANT: leave more fabric under the opening.
- clip corners and curves
- turn the monster to the right side.
- stuff the monster
- tuck the tabs inside the monster and close the opening