Nothing up my sleeve mug rug is for a 5×7 hoop. Read and scroll down for supplies.
This is a folded fabric finish mug rug and is finished completely in the hoop.
Check out the stitches on the lettering, gorgeous or what?
batting to fit the hoop
Top Fabric for the base of the design
8×7 Folded fabric for the back, folded in half and ironed
- Stitch placement line
- place batting down.
- stitch batting tack down stitch
- place fabric down
- stitch fabric tack down stitch
- stitch all of the detail work
- BEFORE THE LAST STEP, take your folded fabric and place the first one down, fold towards the middle of the design. Next place the second piece overlapping the first one, fold toward the center.
- stitch the last step which secures down the folded fabric.
- trim around the outside of the design, clipping the corners.
- turn the mug rug inside out. DONE!
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FOLDED FABRIC MUG RUGS: