Are you ready for a new and fun embroidery style? How about the look of English paper piecing, without the paper and the hand sewing? How about beautiful quilting and quilt blocks included in each block of the month?
If you love English paper piecing and love embroidery, you will LOVE how I put the two of them together! No satin stitches lots of appliques and more than one way to create the block.
Fantastic scrap buster! you can use smaller-sized fabric pieces for that old-fashioned look, or you can use one entire square of fabric for all of the hexagon pieces.
You can fussy cut, coordinate fabrics, and even use themed fabrics for this machine embroidery design.
Best of all, a step-by-step video to show you how it’s done!
OML Hexigon BOM 1 file includes in your download:
1 hexi quilt block file in 5×5 6×6 and 8×8
1 matching quilting block file in 5×5 6×6 and 8×8
BASIC INSTRUCTIONS: see video for full step by step instructions:
- Hoop cutaway stabilizer
- Stitch placement line
- add batting and stitch down: trim the excess batting
- add background fabric and stitch down
- stitch background quilting
- PLACEMENT LINES FOR HEXAGONS
- starting in the middle, then up and counterclockwise place the fabric down and then stitch down each hexagon, then carefully trim.
- ** instead of step 7, you could use one piece of fabric that will cover all of the hexagons.
- stitch all of the detail work.
There are no reviews yet.