DONUT MUG RUG is for a 5×7 hoop. Read and scroll down for supplies.
PLEASE NOTE: there are two sizes of this Donut Mug Rug – make sure you get the correct size for your largest hoop.
This is a shaped mug rug finished in satin stitches.
Everyone loves donuts, right? yeah, me too! create this super cute mug rug in your favorite donut flavors! Don’t be afraid to add some bling or details to your donut style – or use some fancy fabrics too. Don’t forget about donuts for the season, too – why not a Halloween donut? or Christmas. Have fun with this design!! You will love stitching this design!
batting to fit the hoop
background fabric x2 for the front and back
5×5 fabric for the icing
2×2 fabric for the hole in the middle – use black or a darker color
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SATIN FINISHED MUG RUGS:
- hoop WSS
- stitch placement line
- place batting down
- stitch batting down. trim now or after the back is on
- add background fabric, face up.
- stitch it down, trim now or after the back goes on.
- stitch applique: placement, place the fabric down, tack down, trim and final stitches
- stitch any detail work.
- your machine will stop for this color change, and it will be an outline of the shape of the design. before this step stitches, take your back fabric face down and put it on the back of the hoop. tape if you need to.
- stitch the tack down for the backing.
- take the hoop off the machine and carefully trim the back fabric, and batting and fabric if you didn’t do it earlier.
- change your bobbin to match the top thread and stitch the satin stitches and decorative stitches. Done!