Roll the Dice Mug Rug is for a 5×7 hoop. Read and scroll down for supplies.
The dice mug rug has a folded fabric back and is made completely in the hoop. All you have to do is trim and turn.
batting to fit the hoop
background fabric x2 for the front and back approximately 7×8
Center applique fabric 4.5 x4.5
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FOLDED FABRIC MUG RUGS:
- FOLDED FABRIC
- Stitch placement line
- place batting down.
- stitch batting tack down stitch
- place fabric down
- stitch fabric tack down stitch
- Placement stitch for the first applique
- place applique fabric over the placement line
- stitch tack down stitch
- TRIM CAREFULLY
- BEFORE THE LAST STEP, take your folded fabric and place the first one down, fold towards the middle of the design. Next place the second piece overlapping the first one, fold toward the center.
- stitch the last step which secures down the folded fabric.
- trim around the outside of the design, clipping the corners.
- turn the mug rug inside out. DONE!