4 ACES PLAYING CARDS is for a 5×7 hoop. Read and scroll down for supplies.
This is a shaped mug rug finished in satin stitches.
This is a gorgeous mug rug created by Don! The mug rug is in the shape of a 4 cards with some really cool quilting stitches on the cards.
batting to fit the hoop
background fabric x2 for the front and back
The card applique is almost the same size as the design, so 4×6 should do!
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SATIN FINISHED MUG RUGS:
- hoop WSS
- stitch placement line
- place batting down
- stitch batting down. trim now or after the back is on
- add background fabric, face up.
- stitch it down, trim now or after the back goes on.
- stitch applique: placement, place the fabric down, tack down, trim and final stitches
- stitch any detail work.
- your machine will stop for this color change, and it will be an outline of the shape of the design. before this step stitches, take your back fabric face down and put it on the back of the hoop. tape if you need to.
- stitch the tack down for the backing.
- take the hoop off the machine and carefully trim the back fabric, and batting and fabric if you didn’t do it earlier.
- change your bobbin to match the top thread and stitch the satin stitches and decorative stitches. Done!
Beth Price (verified owner) –
Thank you for posting the instructions on the site. My Mother loves to play cards. I am making these for her Mother’s Day gift. I’ll post a pic after she has them on the Facebook group page. Don this is an awesome design. I appreciate everything you and Sue do for the group and made this purchase in honor of the no ads event you have going on. – Beth Price
OML Embroidery –
THANK YOU Beth! I always appreciate all of your support!!!