Viking Axe mug rug is for a 5×7 hoop. Read and scroll down for supplies.
This mug rug has a satin stitch finish – so it is quick and easy to complete. The shape of the mug rug is cool and makes the quilting stitches stand out. The axe detail work is amazing, too! This in the Hoop mug rug is perfect for any man’s den!
batting to fit the hoop
The fabric of your choice for the top and bottom fabric to fit the hoop.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SATIN FINISHED MUG RUGS:
- hoop WSS
- stitch placement line
- place batting down
- stitch batting down. trim now or after the back is on
- add background fabric, face up.
- stitch it down, trim now or after the back goes on.
- stitch applique: placement, place the fabric down, tack down, trim and final stitches
- stitch any detail work.
- your machine will stop for this color change, and it will be an outline of the shape of the design. before this step stitches, take your back fabric face down and put it on the back of the hoop. tape if you need to.
- stitch the tack down for the backing.
- take the hoop off the machine and carefully trim the back fabric, and batting and fabric if you didn’t do it earlier.
- change your bobbin to match the top thread and stitch the satin stitches and decorative stitches. Done!