Nothing up my sleeve mug rug is for a 5×7 hoop. Read and scroll down for supplies.
This is a folded fabric finish mug rug and is finished completely in the hoop.
This is a gorgeous mug rug created by Don!
batting to fit the hoop
Top Fabric for the base of the design
applique fabric approximately 5×5 for the card applique
8×7 Folded fabric for the back, folded in half and ironed
PLEASE NOTE: after the background fabric is stitched down, there is a decorative stitch next, it is NOT an applique placement stitch. Once the decorative stitch is completed, there is regular fill stitches before the applique.
- Stitch placement line
- place batting down.
- stitch batting tack down stitch
- place fabric down
- stitch fabric tack down stitch
- Placement stitch for first applique
- place applique fabric over the placement line
- stitch tackdown stitch
- TRIM CAREFULLY
- continue with each applique until they are all completed.
- BEFORE THE LAST STEP, take your folded fabric and place the first one down, fold towards the middle of the design. Next place the second piece overlapping the first one, fold toward the center.
- stitch the last step which secures down the folded fabric.
- trim around the outside of the design, clipping the corners.
- turn the mug rug inside out. DONE!
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FOLDED FABRIC MUG RUGS: