Don’s Den of Machine Embroidery Designs has another new mug rug! Check out the fantastic detail in the darts! This in the hoop mug rug is perfect for any living room or den or even man cave – anywhere you have a dart board! If you need a smaller version, there is a 4×4 coaster size, without the lettering.
Read and scroll down for supplies.
This is a shaped mug rug finished in satin stitches.
batting to fit the hoop
background fabric x2 for the front and back to fit the 4×4 hoop
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SATIN FINISHED MUG RUGS:
- hoop WSS
- stitch placement line
- place batting down
- stitch batting down. trim now or after the back is on
- add background fabric, face up.
- stitch it down, trim now or after the back goes on.
- stitch out the details.
- your machine will stop for this color change, and it will be an outline of the shape of the design. before this step stitches, take your back fabric face down and put it on the back of the hoop. tape if you need to.
- stitch the tack down for the backing.
- take the hoop off the machine and carefully trim the back fabric, and batting and fabric if you didn’t do it earlier.
- change your bobbin to match the top thread and stitch the satin stitches and decorative stitches. Done!