I NEED COFFEE is for a 5×7 hoop. Read and scroll down for supplies.
This is a shaped mug rug finished in satin stitches.
We all know the feeling and the look of not having enough coffee, and this mug rug shows how everyone feels without enough coffee. I think this is how don looks for our Saturday morning sew alongs! Ok, well not just him, I have had a few rough mornings too!! Stitch it, you know you will love it!
batting to fit the hoop
background fabric x2 for the front and back
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SATIN FINISHED MUG RUGS:
- hoop WSS
- stitch placement line
- place batting down
- stitch batting down. trim now or after the back is on
- add background fabric, face up.
- stitch it down, trim now or after the back goes on.
- stitch applique: placement, place the fabric down, tack down, trim and final stitches
- stitch any detail work.
- your machine will stop for this color change, and it will be an outline of the shape of the design. before this step stitches, take your back fabric face down and put it on the back of the hoop. tape if you need to.
- stitch the tack down for the backing.
- take the hoop off the machine and carefully trim the back fabric, and batting and fabric if you didn’t do it earlier.
- change your bobbin to match the top thread and stitch the satin stitches and decorative stitches. Done!