CUTE POLAR BEAR MUG RUG is for a 5×7 hoop. Read and scroll down for supplies.
This is a shaped mug rug finished in satin stitches.
This machine embroidery design is so cute and will work for any season – the polar bear is wearing a nice warm jacket with a hot coffee in his hand. who could ask for anything better?
Let your embroidery creativity flow with this project! You can change the colors to make the polar bear a hunting polar bear, a Christmas polar bear or simply use up the scraps that you have hanging around!
batting to fit the hoop
background fabric to fit the hoop x2 (one for the back)
4×3 scrap of fabric for the bear’s coat
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SATIN FINISHED MUG RUGS:
- hoop WSS
- stitch placement line
- place batting down
- stitch batting down. trim now or after the back is on
- add background fabric, face up.
- stitch it down, trim now or after the back goes on.
- stitch applique: placement, place the fabric down, tack down, trim and final stitches
- stitch any detail work.
- your machine will stop for this color change, and it will be an outline of the shape of the design. before this step stitches, take your back fabric face down and put it on the back of the hoop. tape if you need to.
- stitch the tack down for the backing.
- take the hoop off the machine and carefully trim the back fabric, and batting and fabric if you didn’t do it earlier.
- change your bobbin to match the top thread and stitch the satin stitches and decorative stitches. Done!
There are no reviews yet.