BLANK HEART IN THE HOOP MUG RUG is for a 5×7 hoop, with a little bit of sewing to close.
Read and scroll down for supplies.
This mug rug is a quick stitch with only a few steps to complete it, but it has lots of room for a personal message!
batting to fit the hoop
background fabric to fit the hoop x2 (one for the back)
- Stitch placement line
- place batting down.
- stitch batting tack down stitch
- place fabric down
- stitch fabric tack down stitch
- stitch the background (try using variegated thread)
- INSERT YOUR PERSONAL MESSAGE AT THIS STEP
- place fabric FACE DOWN on TOP of the hoop.
- Stitch down, and it leaves a space for turning.
- remove from hoop and trim
- turn inside out
- sew or fuse the opening. DONE!