APPLIQUE 4 HEARTS MUG RUG is for the 7×7 hoop. Read and scroll down for supplies.
This is a shaped mug rug finished in satin stitches.
Make sure you have a large enough hoop for this mug rug!
This mug rug is full of places to add your own creativity! you can have fun with fabric and thread colors. Pick a background fabric for the whole design, and then you can use scraps for the heart applique pieces and then you can match the thread, or contrast the thread for a brighter look. Come up with your favorites and try new combinations!
batting to fit the hoop
background fabric x2 for the front and back
4×4 scrap pieces for the applique hearts
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SATIN FINISHED MUG RUGS:
- hoop WSS
- stitch placement line
- place batting AND fabric over the placement line, making sure fabric is facing up.
- stitch batting and fabric down. trim now or later
- placement stitch for the first heart.
- place down applique fabric.
- stitch down the fabric. TRIM.
- repeat on all of the applique hearts.
- Once all of the details are stitched, your machine will stop for a color change, and it will be an outline of the shape of the design. before this step stitches, take your back fabric face down and put it on the back of the hoop. tape if you need to.
- stitch the tack down for the backing.
- take the hoop off the machine and carefully trim the back fabric, and batting and fabric if you didn’t do it earlier.
- change your bobbin to match the top thread and stitch the satin stitches and decorative stitches. Done!