CLOUDS AND SUN MUG RUG is for a 5×7 hoop. Read and scroll down for supplies.
“A cloudy day is no match for a sunny disposition”. ~William Arthur Ward
This is an old saying that I love, and I always try and keep in mind every day. After clouds, Sunshine means that there is always sunshine around the corner for you – if something bad happens, it will pass and then you will have sunshine back again – it can’t be cloudy (bad) all the time, the sun will shine. Stitch out this cute mug rug so every time you are enjoying a cup of coffee or tea, you remember to be positive! Who says that mug rugs can’t be motivational, too?
This would be a fantastic GIFT for someone who needs a little boost and a reminder to be positive 🙂 or simply to make a friend smile and know that someone cares. You can help make someone’s day filled with sunshine.
batting to fit the hoop
background fabric to fit the hoop x2 (one for the back)
scrap fabric for the sun, approximately 2.5 x 2.5
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SATIN FINISHED MUG RUGS:
- hoop WSS
- stitch placement line
- place batting down
- stitch batting down. trim now or after the back is on
- add background fabric, face up.
- stitch it down, trim now or after the back goes on.
- stitch applique: placement, place the fabric down, tack down, trim and final stitches
- stitch any detail work.
- your machine will stop for this color change, and it will be an outline of the shape of the design. before this step stitches, take your back fabric face down and put it on the back of the hoop. tape if you need to.
- stitch the tack down for the backing.
- take the hoop off the machine and carefully trim the back fabric, and batting and fabric if you didn’t do it earlier.
- change your bobbin to match the top thread and stitch the satin stitches and decorative stitches. Done!
There are no reviews yet.